Lately, it seems like the question on everyone’s mind is: what exactly is vegan skincare, and is it really the best option for you?
Over the past few years, putting time and effort into self-care routines and conscious lifestyles has been gaining popularity. People want to know what goes into the formulation of their favourite skincare and beauty products. Paired with the conscious effort to switch over to sustainable products, the benefits of vegan products are undeniable!
Today, we’re breaking down everything that you need to know about vegan skincare and whether it’s the right choice for you.
Skincare that Celebrates You
Vegan skincare is all about kindness to your skin, lifestyle, senses and environment. By amalgamating science and nature, it provides the best ethically-derived nourishment for your skin.
It’s all about making the best of what nature provides without any products derived from animals. Vegan products strive to bring bio-active ingredients that will nourish and care for the skin.
Most vegan products are also cruelty-free, all-natural, and eco-friendly.
Conscious Alternatives for Better Skin
There’s a reason why vegan skincare is highly sought after despite its higher price tags.
Vegan and plant-based alternatives exist for a reason. It is for those who actively want to make a lifestyle change. However, you don’t need to be a practising vegan to get the best of vegan skincare. They are cleaner replacements and alternatives for regular animal-derived products.
Another factor to consider is that the body absorbs 60% of whatever product we apply to it. Vegan skincare is mostly plant-based and rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Therefore, using products with natural ingredients will bring a lot of benefits to your skin in long term, as they get absorbed deeply.
The Goodness of Vegan Skincare
To completely enjoy the long-lasting effects of skincare, you need to be mindful of the products you use. So what are the benefits of introducing vegan products into your skincare routine?
- With vegan products, there are fewer potential chemical irritants like sulphates & parabens. It soothes sensitive or allergy-prone skin because it is rich in antioxidants and natural oils.
- Regardless of what skin type you have, vegan products are inclusive and are good for everyone.
- Vegan products generally have a shorter ingredients list that helps you understand what exactly you are applying on your face.
- Products are nutrient-rich and packed with vitamins from natural sources like vitamin C, rosewater, and aloe.
- For products that repair and hydrate the skin, vegan skincare is the way to go! They ensure that your skin feels moisturised naturally and feel fresh for longer.
Experience Vegan Skincare
In a nutshell, it's safe to assume that vegan skincare is the gateway to beautiful, flawless skin. At the same time, the nature of vegan products is to safeguard the well-being of Mother Nature - which is an added bonus.
More brands are incorporating vegan products into their line. The switch to vegan skincare will be an easy one with the multiple available options. This way, making the vegan-friendly choice will not be too much of a hassle for your routine.
Remember : By developing good habits and a good lifestyle, good skin will follow. <3